Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

A New Year

My creative juices are taking a break right now. I bet you have the same moments sometimes. The holidays were a blast of activity and buying new beads. I am going to rest and let my muse decide where she wants my inspiration to take me this year.

Thankfully I had created these bright and cheery earrings during the holidays after splurging on an order of cookie tin charms from Star Spirit Studios. I have always loved to mixed turquoise and cherry red together. I stacked blue Pacific Apatite chips on top of dark red Czech flowers. The delicate stems on the flowers are picked up in the black of Lucy Haslam's ear wires.



I have one other pair of earrings I created before the new year. And if I am still letting my Muse take a rest I will still be able to post in two weeks ;) Sometimes a rest is just what I need to reenergize my love of jewelry making.

I hope you have a fabulous day. And don't forget to stop and smell the roses...be patient when your creativity seems to be gone. It might just mean another stage of your personal style is trying to blossom.



8 comments:

  1. So true. A couple of weeks away to recharge batteries, look at magazines, walk the countryside- but don't stay away long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many beads and I love them all but I feel overwhelmed by choses at the moment. There seems to be a creative itch that just needs to be scratched. I have been looking at magazines and Pinterest thinking about how I want my 2018 style to involve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the earrings, I find it's good to sit back and rethink now and then as I'm sure it will spark off some new idea or a different, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty earrings <3 I agree, sometimes you just need to take a little break away from it all. And at some point the urge will sneak up on you unawares and you'll be away again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the earrings Jetta. And yes, I totally agree with you. Sometimes you and your muse need a little break and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so ready for Spring seeing these earrings. Love them.
    And I agree, sometimes a break is all we need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies! I feel when I finally allow myself to take a break, the joy comes back to jewelry making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such good advice. And these are beautiful. Happy New year Rejetta.i don't think your muse will be AWOL for long

    ReplyDelete