Pages

Monday, October 9, 2017

Life and Laundry

Hi, Jetta here....I have found a nice clean bead or two in my pocket after doing laundry. But that isn't what my post is about today. My post is late this morning because I forgot it was my day to post till late last night after an all day laundry feast of my family's clothes :)

So I freaked out a bit and went to my work table to see if I could find a finished pair of earrings to snap a photo and write about them. Refer back to the frantic paragraph above of all day laundry. My life seems to be running from one major activity to the next. I am sure all of you can relate.

Nope, not a finished pair of earrings in site on my work desk. But I had these beauties as a work in progress....



I LOVE disc beads! These ceramic lovelies are from Marsha Neal Studio. This was my first time using micro screws. I love the effect. I just need to read up on how to cut them shorter so they don't stick in the back of your ear. Then I straightened these long ear wires just enough to slide on star cut strawberry quartz and reshape them to their original shape. I may or may not wire them onto the ear wires...




Here are a few of my earring idea baggies. I get ideas all the time but not always a lot of time to sit and put them together when the Muse hits. So I put them in little zip baggies and sit, relax, and create when those moments of peace and quite come my way.


 
I hope you have a day filled with creativity, lots of beads, and the time to play with them!
Jetta

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally can relate to running around from one thing to another. Love your work in progress. And thanks for introducing micro screws. They open up all kind of new ideas. So does your creative zip baggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches Janine! I had been wanting to try micro screws with disc beads forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these they are beautiful. For the micro screws I have always cut the length off with heavy duty cutters/shears then file them down to smooth the cut area. I always dab a touch of glue to the screw and the nut are before hand to ensure it doesn't come unscrewed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Maria Rosa!! I will use your tips to finish these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved using micro screws until I lost a whole packet of them and can't find them anywhere in the local market. You can put them screw facing front so you won't have to bother with cutting it and it will become an industrial chic piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya! I know the feeling of losing bead...I can't find a sack with two large Ethiopian crosses, sigh. And thanks for you tip for using micro screws. What a unique twist!

      Delete
  6. I cant believe you 'knocked these together' - they are so very pretty, and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! I think I was able to 'knock them together' because the ideas are always bubbling inside. So when I do grab a few moments they just come out because they have been brewing for so long ;)

      Delete
  7. Yes that’s me everyday!! Gorgeous earrings, love the soft colours 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suhana! I love how soft they are, too :)

      Delete
  8. These are so great! I have the hardest time working with disc beads, but you make it look easy! And, those idea baggies are fab too. I just did something similar with a bead box. Those looks like they're going to be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches CraftHope! I have used ball head pins with disc beads also and loved the effect!

      Delete
  9. My days are almost all full of everything but jewelry-making lately, so I can totally relate! I love the soft rosy pinks of your work-in-progress earrings, and I especially love Marsha Neal's work...such color and quality! I'd never heard of micro screws--I'll have to look into them! (And I totally bag up all my "earrings-to-be" in little baggies too; otherwise I'd never remember what my "brilliant" ideas were in the first place! ;) I can't wait to see your finished earrings--they're beautiful in their in-process state!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! and love your idea about the zip lock bags! I often start a pair only to get distracted by something else or run out of inspiration! This is a great way of not losing track!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jetta, not only are these lovely but your post is filled with such great ideas. First, I, too, do the plastic bag. Way tooooooooooooooo much sometimes. They're ideas for me, really, that sometimes get tossed out altogether, or changed up along the way, but often they are what moves a design idea along, when the time is right. I have never heard of "micro screws" and am off to check them out as soon as I am done here. Wrote it down. :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete