Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

✨ Bringing the Bling ✨

Hi, everyone!  This week, I made earrings that pushed me right out of my comfort zone.   Yes, I did--and on purpose too!     



Helen Backhouse's hand-painted polyclay leaves always take my breath away, and these particular leaves are so long and stunning that they seemed to call for something dramatic.



So I went for it!  These earrings are looong (a little over 4 inches).  They feature AB rhinestone rondelles, sparkly 12-mm aqua blue crystals topped by small leafy bead caps and little blue zircon crystals, fabulous spiky double bead caps, and clusters of blue zircon and bright yellow Swarovski crystals, dangling from teal anodized niobium jump rings.


One wonderful thing is that, being made mostly of thin leaves of polymer clay, the earrings are very lightweight and kind to tender earlobes.  Another wonderful thing?  I absolutely loved making these!  Who knew bringing the bling could be so much fun?  💗

Thanks so much for reading!  I'll be back with more to share in two weeks.

xoxo
Meridy
My Etsy shop
My Facebook page

13 comments:

  1. Stunning Meridy!! The gorgeous polymer clay leaves from Helen and the amazing earrings you made with them. The clusters of crystals gives it the right amount of movement. And I like what you did with the bead caps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janine! I always consider myself privileged to be able to design with Helen's leaves. They automatically raise the bar for any design. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love them!! I make glass beads and even though I have a whole plastic tub full of clay paraphernalia I just cant get in to it (probably intimidating) but these earrings are fabulous and totally would blend very well with my lampwork beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly! I'd really love to see your beads. :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. OMG! Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, exquisite, they take my breath away....I could go on and on. You definitely did Helen Backhouse's lovely leaves justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks so much, Mary! I appreciate your kind words. I had such a great time making them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! These are absolutely wonderful Meridy ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! perfect combination, Meridy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Suhana! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meridy, bling it on! If these were out of your comfort zone, whether a little or a lot, you have now mastered it! They have not one iota of appearing contrived, ya know what I mean? Perfectly natural and perfectly lovely. The colors and textures all make beautiful music together. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete