Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

A tiny walk down memory lane


Ieeeee, I am so sorry.
Yesterday night I woke up….utterly stressed out… Oh my goodness, how could I have forgotten to take pictures of my new earrings and write a blog for today?  
I was so busy with sorting stuff in my parent’s house, it totally slipped my mind.
And of course, now it is dark outside, no good lighting for taking pictures. So I hope you don’t mind me sharing my first pair of earrings sold on Etsy (October 2011)
Simple earrings with sodalite and silver plated disc beads. I still love this design. I have to say, having forgotten the blog yesterday has a benefit: going through my earliest designs has given me all new ideas. And I am happy to see my photography skills certainly has improved.

If you go through your earliest designs, do you get inspired? Do you still like what you have made back then or have you developed a totally different style?


Thank you so much for looking. See you back in two weeks. With new earrings :)

6 comments:

  1. My very earliest? No way, I've come miles since then. But some of my more recent work - couple of years ago, say - yes, that bears looking at again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay. Now I am getting really curious what your earliest designs look like LOL.

      Delete
  2. Those are just too cute! Great design, even if done a long time ago, it's a good idea to look back and see how far we've come, and revisit some of our favorite designs over the years. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nathalie for taking the time to comment. Thank you for your sweet words. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. No guilt I hope, Janine!!! :) Real life, serious stuff, has a way of pushing out the fluff. And as much as we love our fluff, it is just that in the big scheme of things. As for the earrings, I think they're so cute! As for the old work. . . . I took a minute and went back to my very first page in the sold folder. there are five listings there. three i like! I didn't expect that. The others not so much. :) Great fun to check it out. Thanks Janine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norbel. It is always wonderful to look at our earlier work and see how we progress.

      Delete