Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

In Space - Outer Space - Out of Space -

Full of Space

I feel as though I haven't been here in a long time. It's a good feeling to realize how much a part of my life this group has become. I've been with EE a year now. Time it does fly. I hope all of you had a peaceful Thanksgiving, and that you are now pulling out the Santa hats and getting in the groove. My husband does the decorating. Our home has become very festive this year. Now that he's retired, he has much more time to "play." He even has put up a pretty good-sized oval of track for the Lionel Trains he received as a young child. I love that. Movin' on. . .

So! I have another new shop for you! FullofSpace is the name of the shop where I purchased the focal beads for today's earrings. Once again, a good friend, Susan Delphine Delaney, is responsible for leading me to the shop. She has sent me so many inspirational Pins and leads that have led to real ideas and wonderful beads! Perhaps some of you have already found it as Carolina, the owner of the shop, has received a good number of sales since I purchased my beads on the 21st of November. I was surprised when I popped in last night to see all of the beads I had missed, but happy for her that she had been found by others. Her work is unusual, and I'm drawn to a lot of it. 

So here are the earrings I made. The beads came in a set of 8.


The hoop is not a heavier gauge and soldered hoop. It was made out of the same 20 gauge wire I continued on to the top, using the bottom strand for a few wraps at the top of the hoop, and then coming down one side. I did harden the hoop so that it's not wimpy. I did that by hand with flat-nosed pliers. I found that squaring off the bottom of the hoop made the beads feel more at home. 

The red bead is actually a natural, not-dyed, Red Sandalwood seed. I'm pretty sure I talked about this before, but if you missed it, these seeds are amazing in their color and gloss. I purchase them from TheFickleBead. And then of course the almost always present in my jewelry these days, hand-dyed bone beads, these in soft grey, are purchased from DyedBoneBead

These were a lot of fun to work on. I'm just finishing up a necklace with the rest of the cone beads. I love it. It's not listed yet; should be in the shop in the next couple of days. 

Thank you once again for taking the time to visit with us. We always appreciate it. Always grateful for feedback, too. Thanks so much! See you in a couple of weeks. :)

norbel
SheFliesAgain




8 comments:

  1. love the earthiness to these Norbel and thank you for sharing Carolina's shop. I had not seen or heard of her yet. These are a great pair of go to earrings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn, for taking the time out of the always busy days to comment. I do appreciate it. It's a bit quiet over here. . . . hello? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning pair!! Love your choice of beads and your wire wrapping, so organic looking! Wonderful work, Norbel! :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you so much! And thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate that more than you know. Happy Days!

      Delete
  4. I love your earrings! And I found some very beautiful beads in Carolina's shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mihaela! For your comment and for taking the time to write. It means a lot to me. And Yay!! You liked Carolina's shop! I'm so glad. She is a very sweet young woman, too, I am coming to know. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Susan! :) Oh darn, I knew I forgot to put something in my post.

    ReplyDelete