Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Leafs and dolphins

Yesterday hubby and I went on an adventures hike (read no trail, very prickly bushes) on the coast near Vivari, a small village close to ours. Beautiful views, lovely weather, what more do you want.

While enjoying the view we saw a group of 10-15 dolphins swimming right in front of us. Sadly, too far away for good pictures. We enjoyed a wonderful, free, dolphin show where they showed off some beautiful synchronized jumps and diving. What an amazing sight. The local fishermen are not very happy with the dolphins, as they destroy their nets and steal the fish in it. But we had great fun watching them frolicking around. Now you might ask yourself, what does this story have to do with my earrings of today? Well…nothing. I just wanted to share this with you, as I so enjoyed watching them :)

So, back to the earrings. I got my hands on the much in demand polymer clay leafs made by Helen Backhouse. The colours in these are amazing: a deep blue-ish purple. To accent these colours I combined it with lovely lampwork glass beads in blue, purple and teal (Grace Ma), a tiny Swarovski crystal and of course my favourite handmade copper ear wires by Lucy Haslam.

Thank you so much for looking. Wishing you a wonderful week and I hope to see you in two weeks.
Begonia, artisan earrings

Janine
Esfera Jewelry

17 comments:

  1. The wings are gorgeous - I have never seen something like this before. Thanks for introducing me to Helen's work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen's work is amazing Divya. And she paints as well!

      Delete
  2. Wow, those earrings are lovely! The dolphin story was a good one, too, so thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janine.. the earrings are so beautiful! I love dolphins! xo Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend :-) I love dolphins too.

      Delete
  4. Oh Janine, these are spectacular, I love your story too, you and your hubby are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn :-) Yes, I know, we are so privileged and I'm so grateful to be able to live the life we live.

      Delete
  5. Wow, incredibly striking!! I love every piece you've included in these earrings, perfectly combined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi :) It is so easy to design with such beautiful material :-)

      Delete
  6. Love the dolphin story and the earrings are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna :-) We drove past the bay today. I was hoping to see the dolphins again, but they were playing elsewhere :-)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janine, I am in awe of the beauty which surrounds you. What an incredibly inspiring place to live. Dolphins are so much fun to watch! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy such a fabulous Sunday. And the earrings? Superb! My favorite color combinations in their brightest form. Love all the components, and that small piece of lighter sari silk is perfect! Beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Norbel. Yep, the area where we live is stunning. Mountains and sea, beautiful. Thank you so much for your lovely words :-)

      Delete
  9. Love these! The colors are so beautiful, and I love the way you've used the silk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I love to use sari silk :-)

      Delete