Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

In the zone

Last Tuesday Norbel was talking about creating something and not really remembering the time spent doing it. That little space of time where the rest of the world doesn’t exist. I think of that space as “the zone”. Creating while being in the zone is wonderful. It seems the designs create themselves. These pieces are generally my best designs. I can always tell which pieces aren’t. And after a while, when these "not in the zone" pieces aren't sold I take them apart and re-use the components.

As with these pair of earrings. Something was missing. These earrings didn’t have a voice, they didn’t sing. They were not made in the zone.




So I took them apart and created something else with the beautiful ceramic leaf charms made by Bo Hulley Beads. Combined with Czech glass and some brass elements, these earrings practically designed themselves.  

Can you tell I was in the zone, while making these? These are available in my shop.

Thank you for stopping by. I wish you a wonderful day.

Janine
Esfera Jewelry

14 comments:

  1. Hi Janine... I can definitely tell that you were in the zone when you created the earrings. There is more color, finer details, and a very pretty "vibe" that wasn't there in the original earrings. I always love reading your posts and love your jewelry creations just as much. Big hugs to you! xo Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Denise :-) I love reading your comments, they mean so much to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. And such a lovely comment :-)

      Delete
  3. These earrings paint a picture andtell a story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine :-) Your comment is greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  4. these are fantastic, I love the transformation, I too will redesign something that didnt sell. I suppose I was on the right path the first time, but it needed a little extra. Good Job lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, your words mean a lot to me :-) I love your positive way of looking at things, which shows in this comment as well. Being on the right path but needed something extra.. I love that.

      Delete
  5. Such pretty components. I love it when I can get in the zone. That hasn't happened much of late but I am hoping that it comes back to me soon! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin :) I wish you lot's of "in the zone" time!

      Delete
  6. Janine, I laughed to myself as I was reading your post because for just a second, I thought I had written it myself! lol You spoke words that I have thought many times. You re-worked these beautifully! I love the flowers you made from the white beads. They're the perfect size to create the perfect flower to rest on the leaves So pretty. The zone is a very special place, isn't it? I have had way too much activity going on in order to have even a half hour alone at my worktable, so the zone has been too far away lately. I miss it. It is the best place. I always say it's akin to meditation, such a lovely space where the mind is empty of thought. Thank you for sharing these and your process. I have been letting way more listings expire. I have a couple of containers of those earrings and necklaces that will all be taken apart someday. They just didn't feel right six, nine, 12 months later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the zone Norbel. Your post reminded me of that very happy place. I wish I lived closer to you so we could re-work our jewelry together, playing music, laughing. I am planning to do a complete make-over of my shop. I wish you lot's of zone time. I seems we all have been way to busy to be in that happy special place.

      Delete
    2. And what a wonderful thing it would be for me, too, if we lived near one another. And i can't wait to see what you do with your shop!! Mine is also ready to be overhauled. . . . but I have hit a brick wall. The inspiration has disappeared. So there it sits. . . . . I look forward to seeing yours. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I love these. They are really special now!

    ReplyDelete