Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Yearning for India

When I think of India I can see bright colors popping up everywhere, I can feel the soft fabric of saris, I can smell and taste the delicious Indian food. And I yearn. I long. I want to go back.
Instead I browse through my pictures of India and try to capture a bit of India in my jewelry.


These handmade copper dangles from Kristi Bowman have just the right colors, shape and texture for that purpose. Together with lampwork glass beads in matching teal from Lampwork by Amy, vintage Lucite beads and enameled bead caps, Swarovski crystal and handmade ear wires from Faerystones, and voila, a bit of Bollywood bling. I can pretend I’m back.

Thanks for looking!
Wishing you a wonderful day,
Janine
Esfera Jewelry

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!! I adore all the elements you used with my copper pieces. Well done Janine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristi. I have to say, your beautiful copper dangles are very easy to design with.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty ! Kind of rustic look captured perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely earrings Janine, and so capture the theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire :-) I'm so happy to be able to have captured the theme.

      Delete
  4. Do come to India, would love to host you and will take you around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely offer Divya, thank you :-) I wish I could, I would come in a heartbeat. My husband and I have traveled and lived in India for 5 months. We so loved the time we spent there.

      Delete
  5. I understand that longing all too well :) Fortunately we have active imaginations (and photos) that can take us back for a moment here and there. Such a beautiful interpretation in these earrings. Just lovely!! xo -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. And I know you understand that longing all too well :-). If only India was just around the corner....

      Delete
  6. LOVE this! I am always so inspired by the places I go, the places I've been and love to revisit them in my mind too...so totally relate to what you're saying here! Love the Earrings and how you pulled so many colors from that photo too - simply beautiful and so full of love, warmth and feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those are beautiful earrings. I love your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the colors! India is a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy. I agree, India is a great inspiration.

      Delete
  9. sorry for the late reply Janine, I love these immensely, they are all my favorite colors, bursting energy flow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words Lynn. Greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Splendidly done, Janine. I get this inspiration and I've never been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire for your lovely comment! I'm so happy my inspiration came across.

      Delete