Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Autumn Wings

I've been collecting leaves on my daily walks.  The colors and the patterns they make fascinate me.  The golden yellow and light green of these earrings echo some of the colors I have been seeing.
These earrings came together serendipitously.  We are placing our house up for sale within the next 2 weeks or so.  I've been trying to clean up my studio to prepare for the house viewings. As I was working, I scooped up these ceramic dangles by Diana P. of Suburban Girl Studio and the glass "Wing-Dings" by Genea Beads.  As I was about to put them away, I realized that they went really well together.  Consequently, I never put them away, I just made them into earrings instead!

My husband and I are at the time of life where we would like to downsize, not only our home, but also all the work that goes with maintaining a big yard and the cleaning and upkeep on the house.  We are only moving across town, and I am happy to say that although the new house and yard are smaller, I will still have room for a little studio and my kiln.
They Autumn Wings Earrings are available in my shop now.

5 comments:

  1. The colors are perfect together. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination! Wishing you all the best with your new home and downsizing. We are wanting the same thing. I hope it goes smoothly for you and you can get back to creating very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute earrings. Good luck with the move and sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These earrings are so lovely! Change can be so exciting and invigorating. I hope it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete