Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Amen

Today is a big day here in the UK. Election day. I've been waiting for this day to come round for the last five years, as I hope against hope that the current government will be shown the door. This result (as you may well know!) is far from certain. I can't remember an election that has been so hard to call - or a campaign period that has been more infuriating and dispiriting.  I should probably draw a line under politics now, but there is a point to my opening. I am not a religious person. However:


The charms are some vintage ones I picked up on Etsy. I've added patina and distressed them a bit, then layered them over some slabs of rainbow-coated orange agate. The lampwork beads were made by Maryse at Glass Bead Art.  



Bye for now, with fingers crossed, Claire 

7 comments:

  1. Well and truly crossing my fingers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely colour combination and of course I love anything that incorporates vintage! I too have my hands clasped in prayer for a new government today, I hope your charms bring us luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Claire. The components are perfectly rustic and vintage looking and also so pretty! I hope things work out the way you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just gorgeous Claire! Love how you layered the charms...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous earrings! I love the design and the colors, a touch of rustic vintage and those lampies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frustrating and dispiriting - perfectly sums up politics in the US, too! I think we can all use a moment to pray to whatever it is that we believe in, to bring us all back to our senses, restore civility and respect each other despite our differences of opinion. Beautiful earrings that are very powerful as well. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete