Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wooly Wire Earrings

When do you get your most creative ideas?  Just before you drift off to sleep at night?  In the shower?  While you are driving or taking a walk?  There is something about being in a relaxed, almost meditative state that fosters creativity.  You are focused on your senses, but have given your mind permission to wander or to just rest.  In any case, the idea for these earrings came to me yesterday, during my morning shower.
 I threaded vintage glass beads and ceramic flower discs, by GinPins, on Wooly Wire.  I love the fuzzy texture the Wooly Wire adds to the design and the little bit of green and gold that peeks out in the earring on the right, (above).
Wouldn't these earrings be a perfect accent to an easy, breezy summer outfit such as this?
Linda

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Super cute, love the colors and I always love Fiber!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful contrast of colors! I admire your ability to incorporate fiber into your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo cute! I must give my wooly wire a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wooly wire in the earrings! Curious about the outfit, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathie-
      Here's the link for the outfit. The link is really long, but I tried it and it works.
      http://www.lanebryant.com/trendy-plus-size-clothing-in-fashionable-styles/all-new-arrivals/striped-surplice-tank/4000c17316p182698/index.pro?selectedColor=None%20selected&selectedSize=None%20selected

      Delete
  5. These earrings are so much fun! I've never heard of wooly wire before. This is pretty darn cool! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathalie-
      Here's the link to the Wooly Wire. It is all hand dyed and felted onto wire. Check it out!
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyWireEtc
      I'm thinking of doing a tutorial for these earrings, over on the Art Jewelry Elements blog.

      Delete
  6. Oh very cool Linda! I definitely need to get me some wooly wire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great earrings and a great outfit to pair with it! I think those online catalogs should start following us! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete