Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

We're All Ears :: May Reveal


 I just love the graphic quality of these shells.
Those zig-zags and the natural spiral shape along with the coral red color were what pulled me into this picture.
I just did the 8th Bead Soup hop and when I received my ingredients from Sabine Dittrich in Germany, she sent me some coral ceramic teardrop beads. I knew it would be perfect.


I wrapped the beads in a spiral of galvanized steel wire and made some little twirly bits to dangle. I ended up making earrings and a pendant for a necklace. What inspired you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Let's see what you created!  
Please take the time to hop around to the participants.  
Leave kind, encouraging comments.  
Visit their shops. Make new friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An InLinkz Link-up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog!

18 comments:

  1. They sure are perfect, I love how you used them too. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love the spiral drops! I wish I had found time to make something this month...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen these snails, I didn't think they were real!! I love the wire spirals you made, and the dark wire against those red beads is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wire, your spiral drops are just perfect images for the little shells. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those coral teardrop beads are just delicious! Your steel twirly bits are such a whimsical touch. I love that you elongated the spiral shape that way. So clever and funky. What a perfect necklace/earring set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to leave a comment for FishyMoonDesigns and received a message that my account does not have access to view the page. That was odd. Did that happen to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the wire spirals - gives a very unique touch to the design. It's interesting to me that everyone else seems to have seen oranges and reds in the inspiration photo and I saw a deep, deep pink. Maybe I need to have my eyes checked LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Erin, the use of my coral beads are truly unique and very inspiring. I really love your design. What an amazing jewelry set you came up with!
    Have a fun day,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect indeed!! Love the color of those beads and the way you curved the metal - this is a super set!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the wavy design of the shells. Those dark metal spirals and that orange red bead color look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wire!! And those coral beads work perfectly with the inspiration photo. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those juicy tomato red beads. The dark metal spirals really evoke the nerite shells!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so quirky and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool earrings! I love the spirals and the materials used. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the beautiful teardrop beads! The wire twirls add playfulness and fun to the design. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful earrings! I think you were very creative taking your inspiration from the zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love what you did with those little teardrops. Your steel twirly bits really make the design for me! They remind me so much of the stripes in the shells. Yummy picture to work with this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bright color and your spiral wire work!

    ReplyDelete