Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

She's a Beautiful Beast

Seems like quite a few of us have been dreaming of lounging in the sunny summer heat and dipping our toes into a deep blue pool of water. Well, can you blame us? After a couple of tame years, this winter has been a brutal one. Mother Nature, we get it, you're a beautiful beast. 




For those of you lucky enough to live near a body of water and for those of us who are stuck just dreaming about it, here's some cool blue aqua watery eye candy for you - cascading tiers of ancient crusty Roman glass shards plus a kiss of lampwork glass at the bottom courtesy of NuminosityBeads.
 



I've been playing around with this new design and like the fluidity of it. Each linked glass disc is free to move and sway independent of the stack. Very serpentine, very eyecatching. Plus, those of you who know me are familiar with my love affair with Roman glass. These babies have it all. 









Wishing everyone some sunshine, some warmer weather, and pretty ears (natch!) <3

Nikki
LoveRoot on Etsy

12 comments:

  1. Superb earrings as always, Nikki.
    My drippy pods are quite honored to be featured with the cascade of roman glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, this is a gorgeous creation...Love them!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and beautiful!!!! Love that Roman Glass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another corking pair, Nikki! You persuaded me that I needed to get some Roman glass but I'm afraid to use it in case I fall into aping you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great components ! Awesome earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely stunning Nikki! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful earrings! Love the components and the flow... <3 Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love your serpentine design! Like an articulated creature of the deep. The crustiness and water colors make me think even more of a sea creature. The lampwork is perfect with the Roman glass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love, love, love these earrings... wow, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a beach girl for sure so these totally caught my eye! Drool!

    ReplyDelete