Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bling Infusion

Red Magma Hammered Copper Earrings

Once upon a time, I considered the idea of blending sparkling crystal beads with rustic metals and/or stone beads. The concept has been percolating in my brain for all this time and now I have finally worked up the nerve to begin. I am hopeful that this will be the first piece in a collection of bling infused tribal jewelry. A new direction to be explored at a time when I can make my own metal components, and Swarovski elements have been available at discounts after the holidays.

Molten lava flowing over the dark ashen colored volcanic rock is a similar contrast to my hammered copper and crystal, so it is fitting that the color of the Swarovski columns I used in my earring design is called magma.


Gloria Ewing
Chrysalis Too on Etsy
Chrysalis Jewelry on Artfire

6 comments:

  1. I love the angles and the roughness coupled with the bling of the crystals. Beautiful colors! Wonderful inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rugged copper pieces are so interesting opposite the sparkly crystals. Love the magma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love the clean lines on this pair--sort of slick urban meets tribal (one of my favorite combinations.) I've had the same idea, and recently bought a bunch of Swarovski focal elements that were on sale or being discontinued. Gemstones are often so hard to use because of the teeny tiny holes. The Swaros have nice big holes that give you more options for wire or cording and they have a nice gemstone look, especially the new irregular shapes they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember from a FB discussion that you and I were looking at Swarovski about the same time. Can't wait to see what you create with your bling!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Gloria, what a beautiful design... and it has such a great FLOW... sorry, I couldn't resist that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "jagged" edges you achieved! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete