Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Rustic Charm


Leprechaun Sand Dollars
I am a sucker for these itty bitty ceramic charms by Karen Totten. I was determined to find an earring design for them yesterday and after much thinking this is what happened. Sterling silver wire, dragon's blood jasper (the little green stones), delicate copper peanut chain from Chain Gallery (which I antiqued to a darker patina-I LOVE this chain), and robin's egg blue Indonesian glass beads from Happy Mango Beads (on the earwires). (As soon as I finished these I realized I needed more--LOTS more--of Karen's charms.)

For some reason these make me think of the northern east coast of the US, like a windy shoreline in Maine with lighthouses and everything. So I picture them with a pretty variation on a traditional fisherman's sweater and of course, a pea coat.

rustic charm


You can see more at my Etsy shop HERE.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I too love Karen Totten's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and I LOVE the chain too, Karen's charms are wonderful with the stones and I really love your wire wrapping!! I guess I kind of like these earrings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These have to be one of my favorite pairs that you have made. They are stunning. I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a great little chain! I love that you took it a step further and darkened it. I think this looks like a cozy outfit perfect for a wintery walk. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chain and the ceramic together! Very original, as you are.

    ReplyDelete